Wednesday, June 2, 2010

JUNE PREPAREDNESS GOALS

*Ok, due to the almost constant rain, this is the month I will actually be planting the bulk of my garden. Which is ok. Despite my best intentions, I usually don't end up planting most things until the first of June and I always end up getting a bounteous harvest anyway.

*I also need to check my canning supplies and replenish whatever I need in the way of jars, lids, etc. If you have a pressure cooker it would be a great time to get the pressure gauge checked at your local extension office. I also like to stock up on quart sized and gallon sized freezer bags (must be high quality like Ziplock) so I will be ready for freezing extra produce. Sometimes I will get a giant bucket of beans from a neighbor and I'm just not in the canning groove, so I do a lot of freezing.

*Last month, to make up for the garden goal I did not accomplish, I ordered a giant bag of 9 grain cereal from www.honeyvillegrain.com and it is DELISH! Even with morning sickness I can eat it and my kids gobble it right up if it's got a little brown sugar cooked in. So I totally recommend this delicious cereal for your storage and it is so nutritious-check out the link to see all the good stuff it contains! 1/2 cup will feed four people in my family-try getting that kind of a value from your cold cereal!

No comments:

Post a Comment