Tuesday, June 5, 2012

JUNE PREP CHALLENGE

Here we are, back into sweet summertime!  When the warm weather comes around, I sometimes get a little lazy with my preparedness efforts.  This year I figure I will take advantage of the many outdoor/camping type items that will beef up my storage as well as provide many hours of outdoor fun!

This month I am concentrating on:
Paperware: I try to bulk up on paper plates, cups, napkins, bowls and utensils so that I will have plenty for picnics, camping, and of course, if there is no access to water, they would be invaluable!  I keep them in a plastic tote to keep them together and dry, which makes it so quick and easy to find exactly what I need without taking up valuable kitchen/pantry space!

Extra camping fuel: I need to stock up on coleman fuel for my lanterns, propane for the grill, an extra tank for the blowtorch (which is amazing as a fire-starter...no muss, no fuss), charcoal briquettes, and firewood.  Also need to grab an extra propane tank this year.  The grill would most definitely be my go-to back up source for cooking in an emergency. 

Hope you will keep watching the sales and add a little to your storage this month, even if it's just a couple extra bottles of ketchup!

No comments:

Post a Comment